There are lots of resources in Weber and Davis counties and surrounding areas! Here are a few of our favorites. Resources listed with an asterisk (*) are online resources.
You have so many amazing prenatal and childbirth educators in this area! Here are a few of our favorites:
- *Baby Signing Time with Danielle Tippets
- Send a message if you’re interested in private instruction!
- Birth Boot Camp with Treasured Birth Services
- Bradley Birth Class with Aware Birth Classes
- Breastfeeding, Bottles, and Beyond with New Rhythm Doulas
- Bringing Baby Home with Utah Birth Support
- *Mama Natural Birth Class
- Coming Soon! “Find Your Rhythm: Pregnancy and Birth”
- Coming Soon! “Find Your Rhythm: Surviving and Thriving Postpartum”
- Prenatal massage with Joleen Cullens of The Healing Tree Massage
- Chiropractic care with Young Chiropractic
Breastfeeding can be tough! In addition to taking a great class, we recommend working with professionals to assist you in reaching your goals. Here are a few of our favorite resources:
- *Breastfeeding USA
- Breastfeeding USA Utah chapter
- La Leche League Utah
- Success With Breastfeeding
Bottle Feeding Support:
We do not know of any local groups specifically to support our bottle feeding clients! We would love to know of any.
Our favorite bottle feeding resources online are:
Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Support:
We believe in supporting new families through birth and beyond. As survivors of postpartum depression and anxiety, we both truly feel that we need to give moms and dads even more support when they have a new baby. Here are some local and online resource for postpartum support and information:
- Powerful Postpartum Support Group– online and in-person group based in Weber/Davis county
- *Postpartum Men– great information for new dads struggling with postpartum depression or anxiety
- The Mothers’ Nest– non-profit group that meets in Weber county
- *Postpartum Support International– online resources and a helpline
- *Postpartum Progress– easy to understand symptoms and tons of stories of hope
- Erin Shepard at Yarrow Therapy: specializing in perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
- And join us every year for the Climb Out of the Darkness
Resources for Parents of Color
We are working to become better allies and supporters. If we are missing something/someone you would like to see on this list, we would love feedback! We have a long way to go and we are committed to continue learning and growing.
- Sunlight Vida: Cándida Duran Taveras is a documentary birth photographer/videographer and doula, fluent in English and Spanish.
- Sacred Sister Doula: Ashley Finley offers herbal supplements, birth support, and postpartum support.
- Comunidad Materna en Utah: A nonprofit organization focused on maternal health in the Latino community. They offer doula services, classes, and community events in both English and Spanish.
Once again, we’re working to be better allies! As our knowledge and awareness grows, so will this list. We appreciate our many amazing clients and colleagues that have helped us expand our understanding.
- Birthing Beyond the Binary, an inclusive Facebook group to connect with birth workers and other parents.
- Utah Pride Center, specifically their Families Like Ours playgroup. Details can be found at this link.
Miscellaneous Parenting Needs
- Babywearing consultations with Jessica Quigley of Carry Little Hearts
- Photography by Pointed Arrow Photo
If we are missing any resources you would like to see, please let us know!